"Would You Let Me See the World Behind Your Eyes?"

"Would You Let Me See the World Behind Your Eyes?"
-- Jon Foreman --

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Almost a senior!

I have mixed feelings on being a senior next year. Part of me, a little part, is excited to be the top of the school and to do all the fun senior stuff, but a bigger part of me is not so happy. I have a lot of senior friends this year and I will be extremely sad to see them leave. I also don't want high school to end, and by becoming a senior this means that it is getting closer to the end. All of my friends say they can't wait to be done with high school and go on to college. I am the complete opposite. I don't want to go to college, because that means a lot of new responsibilities. I am not ready to take on that responsibilities. My opinion might be different considering right now I pretty much get to do the things that I want to do. My parents let me go to all school sports that I want to go to and I get to hang out with my friends. Yes, you get more freedom in college, but that's not always a good thing. I don't know if I would use my freedom responsibly so I think I need a little bit of control from my parents. There are those stressful days that I wish I didn't live with my parents, but when I sit back and think about the things that they pay for and stuff I am glad I'm not doing that on my own. I definitely don't think I'm ready. If I could have it my way. This year would never end, because I don't want to be a senior and see all my friends leave. Junior year is pretty much the perfect year. On one hand you are an upperclassmen, but on the other you aren't at the top and having to think of all the upcoming responsibilities.

No comments: