"Would You Let Me See the World Behind Your Eyes?"

"Would You Let Me See the World Behind Your Eyes?"
-- Jon Foreman --

Monday, May 11, 2009

It's Monday. Gross.

So it's Monday, ugh! I hate mondays, they are so hard to get through. You have a fun weekend and a relaxing Sunday then it's back to school and it is so hard to get up! I got up real late today even though I went to bed at nine. But, fortunately, school is almost over. Only 21 more days left. It's four weeks and then the two half days I have for finals. I am so happy I only have three finals and they are all my easy classes; Pre-Calc, Perspectives, and U.S. History. I am so excited for school to be getting out, but as I have said a lot, I don't want to be a senior!

So today in Perspectives, some people and I were talking about college and the future. We were saying how we really don't want to move out of Cedar Rapids. I moved here from Seattle, Washington and my whole life I have wanted to move back, but now that I think about it I don't want to leave at all. I have though about going to Washington State for a long time, but as the time gets closer and closer, I realize I want to stay right where I am. I love the atmosphere of Iowa. It's not a big state and not a lot goes on here, but that's what is so great about it. Cedar Rapids is my home and is such a great place for kids to grow up. For now, I definitely want to stay in Iowa. Now I'm thinking of going to Iowa for college. I've been up to Iowa City, on the Iowa campus, to see concerts and stuff and the atmosphere is so great. It's a fun-loving city and is a pretty cool place for college life. I also know a lot of my friends are going to Iowa as well. This is another thing I'm scared about. I'm afraid if I go too far from here, I won't stay in touch with all the wonderful friends I've made. People say that's life and that just happens in college and you get to meet a whole new group of people, but I don't want to lose the people that got me through my whole childhood. Some of these people I have known since first grade and a lot since middle school. Even the ones that I just met when I came to high school have become so close to me. It'll be sad to see any of that disappear. But who knows. Maybe it will all turn out for the best. I sure hope it does.

No comments: